February 11, 2021 3:32 pm
- Download 14
- File Size 275.75 KB
- File Count 1
- Create Date 11th February 2021
- Last Updated 5th March 2021
Ray of Sunshine, A press release on the 4th Assurance Process in Uganda
CoST Uganda published its 4th Assurance Report on, 10th February 2021. The 4th Assurance process focused on 23 public infrastructure projects from eight Procurement Entities. The Assurance process was spread through the sectors of Education, Health, Water and Environment, Works and Transport.
The Procuring and Disposing Entities that participated in the 4th Assurance process included;
- Ministry of Education and Sports (1 project),
- Ministry of Health (3 projects),
- Ministry of Works and Transport (7 projects)
- Uganda National Roads Authority (UNRA) (4 projects).
- Ministry of Water and Environment (1 projects)
- Wakiso District Local Government (2 projects)
- National Water and Sewerage Corporation (2 projects)
- Kampala Capital City Authority (3 projects)
From the 4th Assurance process, we note that, the culture of transparency is taking root in the country, with the CoST Assurance process working as a learning tool to consolidate disclosure practices. Although involving different entities in each process, the global average levels of disclosure have improved in the year 2020.
Outstanding in this Assurance is that, Disclosure across the 23 projects was at an average Disclosure across the 23 projects was at an average of 61.5% an increase of 19.5% from the 3rd Assurance process which was at 42%. In regards to disclosure trends, Proactive disclosure increased from 43 to 54% whereas reactive disclosure tremendously increased from 42% to 69%. But, there was high foreign dependency for investments in infrastructure development. Loans taken were 62%, whereas GoU contributed 25% and grants amounted to 12%.
Please follow the press release for details;https://www.cost.or.ug/download/ray-of-sunshine-a-press-release-on-the-4th-assurance-process-in-uganda/